Education is a right, not a privilege.
Research consistently shows that women, the poor and racial minorities face an abundance of obstacles in their pursuit of education.
The challenge of bringing economically disadvantaged youth into the mainstream of American life is without question one of the most pressing, most important challenges in America at this time.
Here at the Dickerson Center for Civic Responsibility (DCCR), we are committed to eradicating some of those barriers faced by young children living in underserved areas in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Since launching in 2008 as a 501 (c)(3) organization, DCCR has helped improve the quality of life in minority communities by closing the gap in academic achievement. We work with corporate sponsors to deliver educational support services and unique learning opportunities, which are designed to prepare young people ages 5-16 for successful academic and professional careers.
We train them to be engaged leaders, as well as men and women of great character.
Our goal is take people where they haven’t been and teach them what they don’t know.
- Political participation
- Civic virtues
- Standard of living
- Integrity: we establish and foster trust, loyalty, honor and fairness.
- Accountability: personally and professionally responsible in standards of economic ethics.
- Excellence: committed to excellence in all areas – customer service and in achieving full potential.
- Respect: we respect the dignity of all persons.
- Partnerships: through collaboration, we strengthen relationships with all partners.
- Compassion: we are passionate about our work and are committed to empowering others.
- Diversity: we believe diversity makes us stronger, empowering our community to achieve common goals.
Please click here to submit an application.
Dickerson Center for Civic Responsibility is a 501(c)(3) Educational Non Profit Organization.
Our mission is to “Dickerson Center for Civic Responsibility provides children with education support and skills they need to become responsible, self-sufficient adults.”
Dickerson Center for Civic Responsibility is exempt from federal income tax under 26 U.S.C. Section 501(c)(3), and is a non-profit organization eligible to receive tax-deductible donations. Each donation to Dickerson Center for Civic Responsibility is tax-deductible to the extent allowed under applicable law.